Long weekends mean time with family and friends and indulging in delicious food. It is all part of the fun but we can tend to go overboard and get carried away. I am all about balance and believe indulging in your favourite treats or a glass of red wine is totally okay. How boring would like be if we ate salad all the time?
But the long weekend is over and we may be feeling tired, bloated and a little guilty. Here area few tips to getting back on track.
1. Let go of your guilt! It's okay to indulge. Don't beat yourself up about it, just try and resume your healthy habits. It might be a good time to reevaluate how you approach healthy eating. You should not have an all or nothing approach to healthy eating.
2. Drink lots of water! Start your day with some warm lemon water to get your digestive system going or try my debloat tea. Also include herbal teas such as mint, ginger and fennel to help keep you hydrated and aid in digestion.
3. Do a little mini detox. I have lots of good tips and a whole meal plan in my 7 Day Detox Guide. Try to limit wheat, dairy, alcohol, caffeine and sugar. For me this week I am going to try to limit gluten and dairy. And no treats! Okay maybe a little bit of dark chocolate.
4. Have 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar half hour before meals. This helps to stimulate stomach acid to help better digest your food.
5. Get back into your exercise routine. For me it's always a big run or hot yoga session to get a good sweat on and reset me for the week.
I'll be following my 7 Day Reset Plan this week. Feel free to join me and don't forget to tag me in your posts @miaharrisnutrition!